Monday, October 27, 2008

Nga Manu


Rooms 12 and13 had to be at school at 8.3o am after everyone was in the classroom our teacher called out the roll then we got on the bus. We finally arrived at Nga Manu after sitting on the bus for about 2 hours.

We sat down in the information centre and had our morning tea. Bob our instructor showed us a boy tuatara it is 12 years old then Bob took us too the eels they look very slimy. Everyone got to touch it. Ryan kissed one then turned around and claped hands with his mum there is a picture of him on the right.

After that my group went to the kea and it landed on my head, it gave me a shock because I never knew it was going to land on me.

After that we went to the lookout, I could see all of Nga Manu. It looked amazing because there were so much trees and bush. After we returned to the lunch area I tried to chase after a pukeko but I tripped up.


Everyone went on the bus and off we went. On the way home we stopped at the Levin park where everyone went on the flying fox. Takana ripped his leg open when he hit it against Hughe's head and I cut my foot on the mouse wheel.

It was a good trip to Nga Manu and I learnt that it's important to save birds and animals because they are kind of like humans and we don't want them to be extinct.

Charlie

No comments: